: EnglishShort Description
: This Mental Health Technician course provides a solid background in mental health so you can work comfortably with clients who exhibit both effective and maladaptive behaviors. Nurses, case managers, psychiatric technicians, direct care providers, and other health care professionals will increase their awareness and understanding of a holistic view of mental health care with this comprehensive online training program. A variety of therapies and treatments are explored to assist in dealing with psychological or psychosocial problems, such as substance use conditions, medical illnesses, developmental delays and disabilities, and social stressors such as poverty, domestic violence, and homelessness. This program includes a pediatric and geriatric specialization that will give students an advantage when pursuing employment working with mental illness in children and the elderly.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the history and current trends of mental healthcare
• Identify the characteristics of common psychiatric disorders
• Comprehend legalities related to the mental health office
• Define human behavior and different elements affecting it
• Identify methods for assisting those suffering from loss of lifeInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Mental Health Technician course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position in a mental health setting and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Mental Health Technician (CMHT).
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Foundations of Mental Health Care by Michelle Morrison-Valfre
Computer Requirements are as follows:
* Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
* 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
* Windows XP, Vista or 7
* Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
* Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
*Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
* Cookies MUST be enabled
* Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
* Kindle Reader App
* Adobe PDF Reader
* Adobe Flash Player
* Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
* PowerPoint Viewer (if you don''t have PowerPoint)